Four-book Hollywood-themed mystery series listed in THEY DIED IN VAIN


 

Everybody's doing themed mystery series these days, with titles that are puns, catchphrases, and so on. But two writers who were doing that a long time ago were Rita Mae Brown and Stan Cutler. I came across a mwention of Cutler's Rough Cut recently among the books listed in They Died in Vain, a collection of short reviews of overlooked or forgotten books. 

 

 

 

 

 



 I remember Cutler's Hollywood mysteries from the 90s, and just reserved three out of four at my local libary. Well no, not my local library but the statewide network of libraries which is the modern version of what used to be called "interlibrary loan." Overlooked books require a bit more searching than bestsellers. And I found the fourth book on eBay for two bucks plus shipping. So I'm ready to go through the four books featuring Cutler's team of two mystery solvers. 


It's been so long since I read these that I couldn't remember the order of the mysteries, but a book-related website (Goodreads, I think) had this listing:



















 

 I don't know much about Stan Cutler, but he has a listing on the msytery novel website "Stop, You're Killing Me." 


Next wek:  Another mystery from the listings in They Died in Vain

Comments