Florida, Oddly Enough

The dock at Naples. Or, one of them, I'm sure there are more. We had Blue Cane rum from Martinque, and liked it very well. After a busy week with 3 nearly 12 hour work days, it was time to experience relaxing tropical things. Being outside on a hot night with a slight ocean breeze, a glass of rum in hand, smooth and brown, provided us a really excellent way to appreciate the moon and lights on the water. 
The sky had other cloud stunts in store for us, too; even at 10 pm there was enough color and light that we could admire this powdered Pompadour above the pines.


Earlier, my aunt Lillie and I had a conversation about eastern bluebirds. She'd sent me a video clip of one bathing in her birdbath. We talked about lockets my grandmother Inez had sent to my sister and me when we were young girls. She'd wanted us to always have bluebirds of happiness, nearby... I put mine on a chain, today. I'm wearing it. 

I have been listening to Middlemarch on my morning commutes; another novel I'd long wanted to read. The sensibilities and personalities of the characters are circling round in my head.  I feel that thoughts about that time and place and the relationships of the male and female characters is forming into something I'll enjoy covering in a future blog post. 
Hoping the turning point of summer is treating you nicely and that pleasant surprises are in store for you.
~Dorothy Dolores 



Comments