Florida, Oddly Enough

 

https://www.joyusgarden.com/sansevierias-snake-plant-care/

The work weeks seem to be blending together, rushing toward the end of the school year. I am thankful for the pleasure of houseplants, audiobooks for commuting, and Mike's delicious cooking when he's here. If you look closely at the heavenly  scented Sansevieria trifasciata, you can see nectar dripping from the flowers. I recently bought a vanilla orchid, too, and will soon repot it in a wooden orchid basket.


Walking in Naples one evening, I came across a traditional landscape planting, but the lighting made it look like something special, I thought. I like more wild and untamed gardens, but the vertical lines of the wet palm leaves made me stop and admire this scene.




One warm night we went to the beach to experience the magic of nighttime beach walking, and the moon and clouds did not disappoint. It's the little things. Maybe you are watching illuminated icicles drip from the eaves of a garage. It's out there. Life moves right along, hoping you are finding the beauty and rest wherever you can. 


~Dorothy Dolores



Comments