Florida, Oddly Enough



 The backyard borders a nature preserve. Observed so far, bobcats and signs of boars. The big bush, which I kind of disliked at first because it blocks a significant portion of our view of the woods, has surprised us with big-puffy, non-fragrant, mimosa-like, soft-red flowers. We won't get a sudden big bloom, these seem to be popping open and fading away sporadically. Maybe it's the shade and the cooler than average days and nights we are having.

 A closer inspection of the flowers, today, brought a beautiful little lavender butterfly or moth to my attention. I captured it in a short video. 
  


 I have a math test tomorrow for which I am not fully prepared, but I need to get scores in as soon as possible so that I can file for my license upgrade before the school board meets to approve the rehire candidates for next school year. I wouldn't mind the math if I could retain it -- but it's definitely a case of never used it and lost it, for me.  If I can just pass it I'll be satisfied and happy and will go to the beach and have a drink in the sun. Red tide has prevented beach-going for several weeks, now, but it has finally dissipated. Luckily I have a loyal study buddy.


The photo below, I'm sharing because, to me, it is such sweet encouragement... from one of my favorite small humans, and we try not to let on that we have them, but there you have it. Look at the eyes, 💘 :





~Dorothy Dolores

Comments