Florida, Oddly Enough



 A Blue Moon, a Hunter's Moon, on Halloween. We saw two siblings in costume, and I asked Mike if he had any of his 2 dollar bills. He did and we put them into their little bags. The parents were mortified, cash!, gasp!,  and the little boy said, "Hey, the tooth fairy gave me one of these!" What do you know. The world is full of surprises. We were served cocktails outside under the moon, and briefly struck up a conversation with a costumed Lillith, a striking older Italian woman, here working in a Naples, Florida, establishment. I think it is owned by a family member of hers, but I could be wrong. People were speaking Italian though, which is so lovely, always lovely to hear. We had a coffee with Strega, an herbal digestif, nutmeg, and whipped cream billed as Italian dessert coffee. Then we walked the empty alleys to the beach.
And so, this...
My life is about to get a little busier until I adjust to having students in the classroom, and so I will relish our sweet little interlude.



~Dorothy Dolores

Comments