A is for Astrology

 


In these wild and crazy times, I want information – as much as I can get. Information is power, which sometimes means the power to cope and other times maybe just the power to stay watchful.  Despite my skepticism, I have long realized that the movement of the planets affects the general climate, the zeitgeist, the way things tend to go. After all, if the movement of a butterfly can set off currents of air that have an effect across the globe, why would the constellation of planets affect the flows in the cosmos.

(One part of chaos theory explains that the unpredictable nature of weather is caused by small changes that lead to larger events.  https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/ocean-circulation-and-butterfly-effect/print/)

So, I turn to astrology to explain trends, get a glimpse of why people do the wacky things they do, and more. And I always watch for Mercury retrograde, when mechanical and electronic devices tend to fail or go awry, travel is disrupted (ask me about that night at Midway Airport), and things that are begun have to begin all over again. Not the time to make important purchases or sign contracts. (Ask me about that printer. Or better yet, don't ask.)

My favorite astrologer is Gail Fairfield. Here is the URL for her website www.gailfairfield.com where you can discover a lot about her work, her accomplishments, and the books she has written. You can contact her for an appointment, too. I recommend that.

But to the point about the wacky and anger-laden atmosphere in our world these days – check out Gail’s blog about Mars and Mercury retrograde and the effects on the election.  It’s helpful. https://www.gailfairfield.com/blog-1

The best advice I ever got for times when Mercury is retrograde is to stay flexible and maintain a sense of humor.  Wise in any circumstances, methinks.

Wishing you a peaceful election time and the restoration of justice and goodwill.


Comments